Friday, March 16, 2012

That Night Friday

As I explained on the first That Night Friday post (in which I drew from my That Nite website's archives for a story), I thought it would be a brilliant idea to have readers share their stories of "Remember that night I/we/you..." on the blog here, now that I'm no longer anonymously hosting the website. I mean, after all, who doesn't love a good story?

Friends/readers have responded!

As always, if you'd like to submit your own That Night story, send them to samantha(dot)sessoms(at)gmail(dot)com

Don't forget to come up with a sign-off, leave your state and/or city, and which category your story falls under. You can include names if you'd like (and it's helpful to the reader, as too many pronouns gets confusing!), but last names will not be published for the privacy of those involved.

The categories are: best, worst, crazy, embarrassing, and bittersweet.

Today's That Night Friday story:

I remember that August night you invited me over after midnight.  We sat there on opposite beds in silence.  Not the normal silence but, the silence where we were actually talking but nothing was being said.  Mundane talk about our families and how our summers were, all information we already knew about the other.  You invited me over to the bed where you were sitting and I, of course, accepted.  You stopped talking and I continued to ramble on as I do in my defense of an awkward moment.  You placed your hand on mine and interrupted me saying, "It would be so easy, wouldn't it?"  I just looked at you in silence and you continued.  "It would be so easy to just fall back into everything with you."  I could see that there were tears in your eyes and I felt my own coming on.  You pulled me close to you.  I took your face in my hands and kissed you.  You then pulled away and said, "This won't change anything."  I, back in reality for a second, said, "I know."  You then, in your dramatic ways, dimmed the lights and put on your playlist of Counting Crows that I had made for you back when we were simply friends, took off your blouse and came over to me.  And I, as I normally did with you, lost all of my senses and took you in my arms.  And, there we were, for hours and hours as the depressing tunes played on, making love like we never had before.  All the while, trying to keep the sun from rising, trying to make the night never end.  Then, as habitually as my inability to say no to you, the sun rose and you fell asleep in my arms.  And, in that moment as I curled up to you and held you so tightly to me, I knew I had lost you and myself once again. 


Finding My Way Back To Me
Austin, Texas
(bittersweet)

No comments:

Post a Comment