Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Joys of Vacation

Vacation was everything it promised to be: RELAXATION. Creative reboot. Change of scenery. Did I mention, RELAXATION.

Want proof? I don't blame you...

This is Southport. If you find my heart on the shore, please leave it there until I get back. Thank you.


While on this shore, I gathered my first ever sea glass loot (the dark green on the left was the first piece I spotted, but my favorite is the lavender on top).


We took the ferry, when it was in service, to save time.




And sometimes we had to wait for the last ferry back, but who really minds when the scenery looks like this?


When we would venture out of our beach bungalow we tried to be productive. We rode bikes (which I forgot to photo), and met with friends in SC to eat good food and play over-priced putt-putt, but the fun is priceless. Oh, and we visited the U.S.S. NC Battleship. The kids were psyched just to walk around the giant ship and play with the knobs!



And then on one of our last days we found this guy in the seagrass on the Oak Island shoreline, who was teeny-tiny and had lots of friends... yeah:



But back to the good food I mentioned earlier. We dined at Joe's Crab Shack in SC; Fishy, Fishy in Southport NC; and The Cape Fear Restaurant in Southport NC. Yum! In an effort to continue to spoil ourselves we indulged in yummy goodness back at the bungalow as well. Here are a few examples:

Nutella Crepes (can't get any better when you eat them by the sea!)



Fried Green Tomatoes. So good y'all!


And, of course, I needed the elixir of creativity!


All in all it was a lovely time, and we're all anxious to get back as soon as possible. Maybe even next month - if I can complete my plan for Operation Relocation! Keep your fingers crossed for us, Dear Reader, as we need all the luck and well wishes we can get to make this happen!





For whatever we lose (like a you or a me)
it's always ourselves we find in the sea
~e.e. cummings


No comments:

Post a Comment