Monday, May 20, 2013

In My Absence - #64-69

This weekend we had a sleepover for my 10 year old daughter. There were five 10 year old girls. Their volume was on HIGH from the moment I picked them up at school until they fell asleep around 11 PM.  Though, my daughter enjoyed herself and that's what matters.
The girls swam, had their nails polished professionally, shopped in the mall (SMALL treats, not big spending here), and ate out for dinner.
An epic girl's night. Lots of fun.

I needed much wine the following evening to recuperate, but it was all good.

As for writing and class, I have a confession to make. I started this blog project because I was ready to draft my latest idea. The blog commitment was going to keep me disciplined and be there to document my whole process. It is 69 days into my project and I'm chucking the current WIP.

I know, I know. How could I do this now? I'm giving up. It's failure. There's no discipline in throwing in the towel.

The problem is that the more I'm learning in class - exercises that are teaching me about myself and my process that I never knew before - the more I see I've been over-planning ideas (which is a BAD thing for me) and holding myself back creatively. Which results in a frustrated muse. Which results in less than spectacular results. Which is what I've been getting lately.

So, I'm on here again to say I'm making some changes in my writing life. But I'm realizing that's what this entire project was about. To document the process. And I'm learning my process is different from what I tried to force myself into doing in the beginning. Which means I'm still on the right track.

Anyhow, if you're still around this space, know that things are changing. I look forward to seeing how this last month of change will factor into my over all journey. That's what it's really about, right?

How's your journey lately, friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment