Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Setting Some Goals - Day 7

Today marks the last day of my first week of class. Ah, LOVE the new writing class, y'all. Love.

Completing this little milestone made me want to mark today special in some way. After all, much was accomplished today:

- I finished reading all of the first week's lesson.
- I drank half a pot of coffee.
- I completed 7 class worksheets.
- I devoured an everything bagel (toasted) with cream cheese. Yum.
- I drafted a scene of the WIP.
- I fulfilled adult/mommy responsibilities for the rest of the evening.

It was a good day. And I want more good days like this. My schedule doesn't often give me full days to get all of these tasks done, though, so I needed to come up with a way to strive for these great days.

Time to set some goals!

Here they are in no particular order:

*Treat writing as a job with disciplined, daily hours.
*Keep my word count to at least 500 a day, but strive for much more.
*Pay attention to the inspiration, and opportunity in everyday events and take advantage.
*Keep a balance between writing time and family time. Both are important.

Word Count: 627

Dream big, y'all.
Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment