Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Expanding the Creativity - #21

With the kids on spring break, I've been looking for ways to entertain them so that I can continue with my writing/classwork schedule. My kids are 12 and 9 years old, so they're not in need of constant supervision during crafts or anything, but they did want some extra Mom Time.

So, I sat with them and crafted.

You know what I learned? Or re-learned, as it was (because it's one of those things that you always knew, but often forget with the hum-drum of normal life)?

Creating beyond the story-realm has renewed the vitality of my writing journey. It also lessened my stress level.

And I've found that anything that creates less anxiety = The Best of Things.

Babygirl and I baked cookies, made jewelry, and crafted perfume; while Littleman and I built lego towns and sketched storyboards for a comic series he wants to start.

I was so zoned out I forgot to snap fun photos to share with you guys. Sorry about that.

But I can give you a link to how I got the perfume kit. It was purchased a while ago through Jessica Verday's site - Abbey's Hollow - and was designed for the MC in her debut novel The Hollow. The site for Abbey's Hollow is closed, but you can learn more about Jessica and The Hollow series on her site. She blogged about Abbey's Hollow and the perfumes here. Check it out if you haven't already!

Word Count: 212

Happy Writing


No comments:

Post a Comment