Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Dreaded Middle - #33

I'm getting close to that place, y'all.
You know the spot - the part of your MS that makes you scream at the walls of your office and ask the invisible muse that's obviously taken a sabbatical, "Why? Why did I ever write this piece of crap idea? It was never going anywhere. It was never The Idea. There is no way to come back from this ginormous mound of manure."

You've never felt that way?

Oh.

This is awkward.

Wait, some of you have?

Maybe it's just a personal quirk of mine, but I seem to hate my ideas when I move toward the middle of the outline. And if this is anything like my other first drafts, I know that once I get to the other side of the middle everything will be okay.

It's the getting to the other side that bothers me. Will this ever get easier? I sure hope so.

Until then, here's something funny I saw on twitter today. It'll make you smile after listening to my writing woes:

Click here.

Word Count: deleted all the words from the coffee shop today, along with 1,834 from two other scenes

(I'm slacking on my daily goals. Time to kick myself into gear and get it together!)

Hope you guys are not experiencing mopey, middle of the MS blues like I'm having.

No comments:

Post a Comment